The general theme was: "Everybody tells you to save money----ok, we've done it. We know where we want to live; we want to stay right where we are but travel more. But the media makes the future sound easy, but let me tell you I'm no kid and I've discovered that I'm more than a little scared."
We didn't want to turn the wedding into a focus group, so we kiddingly said, "One of the greatest obstacles to rewiring is ourselves. Everyone needs to get out of their own way." We put together a list of obstacles that can lead to emotional paralysis. Sometimes by acknowledging our own reality we can overcome these obstacles. If the obstacle is deep seated enough it may require counseling. Do any of these apply to you? Either way getting over the obstacle can lead to a fulfilling and joyful future. Isn't it worth trying!!!
- Lack of confidence ----self doubt
- Fear of failure and perfectionism
- Indecision and indecisiveness
- Rigidity: unwillingness to compromise or to be flexible
- Aversion to risk taking
- Lack of motivation
- Difficulty getting organized and feeling overwhelmed
- Inability to set priorities
- Difficulty tolerating frustration