Monday, July 12, 2010

RINGO STARR HITS 70 STILL LIVING A PURPOSEFUL LIFE


Hurrah! More cracks are appearing in the "age wall." Last week Ringo Starr turned 70 and gave an interesting interview to The New York Times entitled: 'I'm Not Hiding From It,You Know'. I was intrigued how he talked about"it." What was the "it?" The chronological number 70? Or was the "it"about aging overall? Or was it the reality that Ringo was 70, a number that he admits is high? The thing I loved was that when asked about how he was feeling about the number 70...Ringo said, "In my head, I'm 24."

And that to me is the key to continous living, loving, laughing and rewiring regardless of one's age! My belief is focus on your functional age not on your chronological age! Lead with what your head is telling you, not with what the ache in your knee is saying!

Ringo Starr isn't hiding his age; he's not pulling any punches about it, in fact, just the opposite. He's out there with "it," and asking us to celebrate it with him! And Ringo has even taken 84 year old B.B. King as his new role model!

And the best thing is that Ringo hasn't deviated from his original purpose and mission of "love and peace." So many people today are looking for meaning and purpose in their futures, to them I say....go back and listen to some old Beatles tunes if you need a little or a lot of inspiration---if you're open to receive, you'll find some answers!

No comments: