Tuesday, February 3, 2009

REWIRING GURU TAKES HER OWN ADVICE


During these times of challenge and change, I have been telling audiences of all ages, and at all stages of life, that they have to rewire. Rewiring is not something you do in, or for the future, it's something you should be doing every day of your life. The truth is, few people enact change in their lives until they are forced to.


I'm not talking about BIG changes, nor am I talking about work-related change only. Rewiring is about changing, now. Rewiring impacts how you are living your life, today. In a recent speech I challenged an audience to leave the program, and to go out and add some fun into their life. I asked that they do something different than normal, and that they think about how it fulfilled one of their drivers, as identified in our book, DON'T RETIRE, REWIRE! My challenge was to get everyone to do something that was fun and out of their comfort zone.


It was apparent that some people were totally ready for more fun, and just were waiting for someone (me!) to say go for it!


Others were less enthusiastic and it showed. One guy said, "So rewiring guru, have you made any changes?" So to my readers and friends, yes is the answer. I took my first belly dancing class last night at The Open Center in New York City with the dancer, Safiya.


I was not only way out of my comfort zone but I was also one of the oldest women in the class

(I wondered where all of the other boomers were??) The reality was, I loved the class! and I filled one of my drivers, which is to have new experiences---and boy did I ever!


I rewired some of my energy into doing something that was totally new to me---not very expensive---where I was with people I didn't know---where I discovered a new from of exercise---and where I woke up today feeling great!


So folks---I'll ask the question, what's stopping you from doing a little rewiring today?




No comments: